Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Self unit Evaluation

REGARDING YOUR OWN PERFORMANCE
1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of?
I am definatly most excited about the final lab project on building a model of a cell. I was so nervous going into this project not knowing what to expect and the whole anxiety of it was stressing me out! My final project came out better than I suspected and I actually had fun doing it! Also setting up my blog page I was very nervous about because I have never had to do anything like that for a course but now looking at it its very rewarding looking at all the work I have done in just this one unit. I can't wait to see it after all the units! I have been very proud of my online labs as well especially the mircoscope lab it took me a good couple hours to complete and actually get it but I can say now I understand how a microscope looks and not have to be nervous about trying to use one in front of people!
2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement?
After looking at my submitted assignments I think I can approve on the organization of my blogs and spacing. Some of my pictures did end up where I intended them to but I'll try to work on that. Also the size of the pictures some of them are to small so you can't really read the labels and writing.

3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit?
I have put alot of time and effort into this unit. This has been a very interesting and fun unit I do believe since this is my first time taking a course like this and online that there is room for improvement so I can't wait for your feedback. I would give myself a B!
4. How could I perform better in the next unit?
I think the next unit will be better because all the anxiety of doing everything right and trying to figure out how to blog and how the course works is gone. I am definatly going to really look at my feedback from the class and instructor for advise to better myself for the next unit!


REGARDING THE UNIT (adapted from Stephen Brookfield, University of St. Thomas "Critical Incident Questionnaire")
At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course?
I think doing the labs was the part I felt most engaged in the course really getting in there and applying what I have learned.

At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course?
The very beginning trying to make my blog page I was really nervous i didn't know if I could do this.

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful?
The instructor was great with feedback through email and answering my questions. Also just being able to look at other students blog pages helped me realize that everyones is going to look different and we all do our work different.

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing?
Most confusing necessarily wasn't an action but just getting my blogs together and submitting them correctly.

What about this unit surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reactions to the course, something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.)
I was supprised that I was able to do everything with a couple of questions! I was very nervous about taking a science course online but so far I am loving it! I feel very intune with the course and I'm learning a lot! I think the blog page is helping me because it is making me organize everything I am learning and gives me the ability to look at it anytime I need to!

No comments: