Friday, June 27, 2008

Online lab Food/Nutrition


-How healthy a daily diet do you think this is? Why?
I don't think this diet is very healthy. Breakfast doesn't seem to bad I usually just have a fruit smoothy of some kind. This particular day I had cream of wheat, wheat toast, and a smoothie. After this it goes down hill because I didn't have time to make my own lunch it was kind of a grab and go thing all day. I start with the rice krispy treat then get a turkey sub. At dinner time I just grab a peice of left over pizza. In my diet you can see I didn't eat any vegetables and I didn't take any vitamins throughout the day. I'm also not a big drinker so I probably had 2 cups of water throughout the day.
-What would you change about this day's eating, if anything?
I would have packed my lunch and have thought out what I was going to make for dinner this usually helps me stay on better track if I have an idea of what I am going to make. I would have drank more water and ate more veggies!
-Do you find this kind of nutritional tracking helpful? Why or why not?
Yes, I do it is a really fast way to show you what you are putting into your body throughout the day. My calorie intake for that day was over 2,000. My doctor told me that I should be eating about 1400-1600 calories a day to stay healthy. These websites are helpfull to me but sometimes it kind of makes you obsess about what you eat. I guess there are ups and downs to everything!

No comments: