Sunday, July 13, 2008

Leech Neurons Lab!




These are my pictures from the leech lab!
1. What is the electrode measuring? The membrane potential
2. Why use leeches in neurophysiology experiments? The size of their neurons are very large and very accessible
3. What is the difference between a sensory and a motor neuron?
Sensory sends the information and motor recieves the information and responds
4. Do you think a leech experiences pain? What is pain? Yes I do think the leech experiences pain how could they not with having neurons. Pain is an unpleasant sensation that can range from mild, localized discomfort to agony. It is a response to some kind of stimulation that is not pleasant.
5. What were the two most interesting things about doing this lab?
I really liked the dissecting part and using the different tools. I also like using the dye being able to get a better picture and visual.
6. Anything you found confusing or didn't like about the lab? I really enjoyed this lab and found it was a lot of fun. It really made me feel like I was doing the work not the computer!

No comments: